Skip to main content

The War Horse Memorial Trough

Alfred Wells and WH Martin

Alfred Wells and WH Martin - The War Horse Memorial Trough, circa 1923, grey granite. Photo Sam Roberts.

The War Horse Memorial Trough commemorates the thousands of horses that served in the First World War (1914–1919). It was originally erected in Victoria Square/ Tarntanyangga, but in the 1960s was moved to the corner of East Terrace and Botanic Road.

Rundle Park/ Kadlitpina (Park 13), East Terrace

Year Produced
circa 1923

Materials
Grey granite

Disclaimer: The information, map and materials contained in this database are for general information purposes only, and should not be relied on. The City of Adelaide make no warranties, representations or undertakings about any of the content of in this database (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content), or any content of any other website referred to or accessed by hyperlinks through these web pages. The City of Adelaide expressly disclaims responsibility for any damages that may be caused by the contents of this database.