Skip to main content

Lady Ester Lipman Jacobs OBE

Ken Martin

Ken Martin, Lady Ester Lipman Jacobs OBE, 2012, bronze. Photo Sam Roberts.

Lady Esther Lipman Jacobs (1900-1991) was the first female Councillor elected to the City of Adelaide Council in 1956. She was appointed an Alderman in 1969 and in 1974 became the first Deputy Lord Mayor, also serving as Acting Lord Mayor during her four year term. In 1990 Esther Lipman Gardens located in Red Gum Park/Karrawirra (Park 12) was named for her and in 2012 the City of Adelaide unveiled a commemorative sculpture of her in the gardens.

Torrens Parade Ground, Victoria Drive

Year Produced
2012

Materials
Bronze

Disclaimer: The information, map and materials contained in this database are for general information purposes only, and should not be relied on. The City of Adelaide make no warranties, representations or undertakings about any of the content of in this database (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content), or any content of any other website referred to or accessed by hyperlinks through these web pages. The City of Adelaide expressly disclaims responsibility for any damages that may be caused by the contents of this database.