Photo Library

Sir John Barleycorn Hotel, Rundle Street, 1929


Photo taken 16 August 1929

State Library Catalogue Reference: B 5234

Established at 85 Rundle Street (now Mall) as the Adelaide Bazaar in 1839, became the Sir John Barleycorn (1841-1845), the Irish Harp (1845-1846) back to the Sir John Barleycorn (1846-1929), then finally the Rundle Hotel in 1929 until it ceased trading in 1973.

Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.