Photo Library

Selborne Hotel, Pirie Street, Adelaide 1935


Photo taken 25 November 1935

State Library Catalogue Reference: B 6735

44 Pirie Street. Established as the Selborne Hotel and Grill Room in 1887, and changed named to the Hotel Adelaide in 1936 . Ceased trading in 1970. Demolished. The Selborne Hotel was an early meeting place for the United Trades and Labor Council. On 13 June 1890 Mrs Milne, Mrs Reuin and Miss Vincent were welcomed as delegates representing the newly formed Working Women's Trades Union.

Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.