Photo Library

Hotel Centralia, North Terrace, 1984


Photo taken 14 October 2014

State Library Catalogue Reference: B 57934

Hotel Centralia, 61-65 North Terrace. Established in 1845 as the Black Swan Inn and changed its name to the Centralia in 1940. In the 1980s/1990s it was a popular venue for live music, especially punk/alternative bands. Demolished in the early 1990s. Now the site of University of South Australia buildings.

Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.