Woodlands Apartments


125 Jeffcott Street NORTH ADELAIDE

'Woodlands Apartments' is an excellent example of the Moderne style of architecture from the inter-war period in Adelaide. Designed by Melbourne architect IG Anderson in 1939, it was completed in 1940 under the supervision of local architect, Harold T Griggs. As well as Moderne design features, the architect used innovative materials such as reinforced concrete, glass bricks and curved glass. The apartment block was built at a time when multiple residential buildings were relatively new to Adelaide and were only starting to become popular in Sydney and Melbourne, and it is one of the few local examples from this period.