The University of Adelaide Footbridge [Metal Arch]


Park Lands, Victoria Drive ADELAIDE

The University of Adelaide Footbridge was built in 1937 and is believed to be the first welded steel bridge in South Australia. It was constructed as part of the Adelaide City Council's contribution to South Australia's Centenary in 1936, with funds donated by the Misses E and L Waite. (PJS 24/11/97)