St John's Church Hall and Rectory


10-14 St Johns Street ADELAIDE

The parish of St John's was initiated in 1839. The original St John's Church was the second Anglican church erected in Adelaide. The present building, which replaced the original building last century, is also a State Heritage Place. St John's Hall and Rectory are integral components of this significant complex. The hall, designed by Daniel Garlick, is of a traditional basilica form, while the Rectory is an elegant two-storey Victorian house.