Dwelling


78 Jerningham Street NORTH ADELAIDE

This simple stone house is architecturally significant as a relatively intact and rare example of two storey 1840s dwelling in North Adelaide. Built c1846, it was essentially English in design, a verandah being added later in response to the Australian climate. The property then survived largely intact until after World War II. [Adapted from: Sumerling, P, 'A History of 78 Jerningham Street, North Adelaide, Town Acre 1018' (Nov 1992) (unpublished research, HB files)].