Elephant House, Adelaide Zoo


Frome Road ADELAIDE

Erected in 1900 to an Indian style, the Elephant House is within the Adelaide Zoological Gardens which opened in 1883. It is the only building of its kind in South Australia and is one of only seven structures dating from this period remaining in the Zoo. The House is familiar to generations of South Australians. (PJS 17/11/97)