Dwelling ('Duncraig') & Stables


58 Palmer Place NORTH ADELAIDE

Built in 1901 for W H Duncan, MP, a highly successful pastoralist, the former Duncraig illustrates residential development in North Adelaide that is associated with the well-to-do and the desire of pastoralists to have a town address. It was later the home of WGT Goodman, General Manager of the Municipal Tramways Trust and first Chairman of the SA Housing Trust. An example of Australian Victorian Tudor, the use of limestone rubble at this late date is distinctive, particularly when associated with brickwork of high quality. (PJS 25/11/97)