Heritage Places of Adelaide

Dwelling ('Duncraig') & Stables


58 Palmer Place NORTH ADELAIDE


State Heritage Place

Built in 1901 for W H Duncan, MP, a highly successful pastoralist, the former Duncraig illustrates residential development in North Adelaide that is associated with the well-to-do and the desire of pastoralists to have a town address. It was later the home of WGT Goodman, General Manager of the Municipal Tramways Trust and first Chairman of the SA Housing Trust. An example of Australian Victorian Tudor, the use of limestone rubble at this late date is distinctive, particularly when associated with brickwork of high quality. (PJS 25/11/97)

Listing Information

  • Date of Listing: 11 September 1986

Disclaimer: The content in the Heritage Places of Adelaide database has been adapted from the SA Government’s South Australian Heritage Register, made available via the Data SA website under a Creative Commons licence. See: https://data.sa.gov.au/data/dataset/sa-heritage-places.

The information, map and materials contained in this database are for general information purposes only, and should not be relied on. The City of Adelaide make no warranties, representations or undertakings about any of the content of in this database (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content), or any content of any other website referred to or accessed by hyperlinks through these web pages. The City of Adelaide expressly disclaims responsibility for any damages that may be caused by the contents of this database.