Guides & Maps

Easy walking trail Bundey’s Paddock / Tidlangga (Park 9)


Posted on 23 Dec 2019

Bundey’s Paddock offers bushland trails, two barbeque and picnic table areas, a sand pit and climbing walls for the community to enjoy.

History

Tidlangga translates to ‘tidla root place’ in Kaurna language. The tidla was known as a bulbous root eaten by the Kaurna people.

From the 1850s to 1870s, the park was used for grazing cows as well as collecting fire wood. It had a rural character, surrounded with post and wire fencing, some of which remains on the northern side.

The park was created in 1871 when Bundeys Road was opened, one of several roads constructed through the Park Lands.

Historically, this park was known as ‘Bundey’s Paddock’ in the 1880s, referring to the location on Bundeys Road and in reference to William Bundey who was the Mayor of Adelaide from 1883–1886.

Two loops

  • 350 metre small loop 
  • 500 metre larger loop

Parking

  • Free parking on Mackinnon
  • Parade and Bundey’s Road

Walking surfaces

  • Bitumen, concrete and gravel

Mobility suitability

  • Suits all walking aids

Possible hazards

  • Leaves and sticks on paths
  • Uneven surfaces

Amenities

  • Shaded seating
  • Drinking fountain
  • Toilets
  • Play spaces and courts
  • Dogs on leash allowed